10/26/2008

The Trick or Treat countdown begins...



It is five days and counting until Trick or Treat. And our first Trick or Treat at night on the real Halloween! Stephan is busy practicing his whip skills, which WON'T be used along the Trick or Treat route, don't worry! Grammy scoured the resale shops to find a brown bomber jacket. It's PERFECT. I snapped a couple of pictures of him in his full costume, but I decided not to post them. That would ruin the fun next weekend! But here is a sneak peak.

You may remember that Stephan worked hard last year on a very long story called Indiana Bones. He started a few new chapters this weekend that he dictated to Grammy. He told me he will give it to George Lucas and Steven Spielberg for free just as long as they put him in the bonus features when they turn it into a movie :)

He is doing very well in school! He had a big unit test in Social Studies this week & got 100%! He also continued his 100% streak on spelling tests. This is the first year he receives letter grades instead of satisfactory, development, etc. On Wednesday I get to spend the afternoon at his school for their Halloween party & parade. I am excited to get to know the kids at his new school. He feels a little bad that kids are getting into who is popular and all that fun stuff. He seems less concerned about whether or not he might be popular than he is with the concept in general. He keeps asking me "Why does school have to be that way?" Don't we all wonder?!? He has made some good buddies, but I feel like the kids at his new school are older than at his other school. Does that make sense? They are just a little closer to middle school life....

Did I mention that Norah LOVES to color with crayons! I give her paper and crayons in her high chair when I cook. She thinks it is SO exciting! Every now and then she looks at me and squeals with delight like she just can't believe what she is creating. Then she holds her pictures way up high over her head and squeals some more. I love watching her grow into a little toddler!

0 comments: