My camera broke, but luckily Liza sent me a cute picture of the kids so I have something to post. Pops and Liza had a fun night with the kids last week while Casey and I celebrated our anniversary. We had a delicious dinner and lots of wonderful surprises! We are lucky to have such loving family!!!
We had a fun weekend celebrating Ethan's birthday...again! :) Stephan had SUCH a blast! He and Ethan have a lot in common (like their love of history) and played for hours. Norah enjoyed playing with her older cousin Helena's toys & was quite fond of Great Aunt Kerri. Later that night we visited with Shelly. Norah was thrilled to rediscover all of her toys at Grandma's house, but she definitely did not understand why Grandma was not there.
I also ran in my first 10K (6.2 miles). I ran this distance 5 times before the race, but never did I train on the monster hill that was part of the course not once, but twice. It gave me killer charley horses that I have never experienced when running. And much to the dismay of many runners, they miscalculated the distance & the course was 6.9 miles. It might not seem like a big difference, but when you are not expecting the change, it is! It was a great learning experience for me & it could not have been a prettier area. It was in the 50's, sunny, and part of the way, we ran along a trail, creek, bluffs & Lake Michigan. (Even that killer hill was pretty!)
A few kid updates...Norah is 26 1/2 months. She can recognize numbers 0-8 (9 confuses her...she thinks it's a 6) and almost all capital letters (she gets mixed up by a couple that look similar like E & F). She is a whiz at puzzles & love playing with Stephan's old Brio trains. Norah likes "calendar time" during group time at school. She can tell you the current month, but I don't think she knows exactly what she means. She feels terrible when she does something wrong and talks about it for days & days. When she ripped a book at school a couple of weeks ago, she told us every night for over a week about the book. Poor cutie. She is still our happy girl, but if you need evidence that a stubborn toddler is under that sweet disposition, she does goofy things like refuse to wear pj's to bed because she wants to hold them in her arms like a stuffed animal instead.
Stephan is off to a great start in his second quarter at school. This week he starts Community Service Club and will soon start indoor soccer (no games, just weekly practice). He has a nice group of buddies & seems to be navigating middle school life very well. The high school is performing Les Miserables this year (Uncle Nic was in that play the first year high schools were allowed to do the show!) and Stephan wants to audition. They need three youth, but Stephan isn't sure if he is ready to audition solo. I think he is particularly interested in this show because he remembers the exciting battle scene when we saw it years ago. I'll let you know what he decides.
New camera and new pictures to come.......





0 comments:
Post a Comment