12/06/2009

St. Nick


Do you celebrate St. Nick? I never did as a young child until Gramps married Jude because Jude is from Milwaukee. I've discovered over the years that celebrating St. Nick is a regional tradition. We do celebrate it in our home, but we try to limit it to small treats or one small gift. Some of Stephan's friends get quite large gifts, but I've always tried to remain a little closer to the tradition of candy in a shoe.
A good brother helping Norah rip open the paper....what could it be?!?




At church we had an exciting visitor....St. Nick! How did he get to church so fast after delivering surprises to our house?


Although Norah looks pensive, she was VERY excited to meet St. Nick & get her chocolate coin!


Waiting to meet the saint himself....
We had our first dusting of snow this week & I am so excited about the Christmas season! As I type, Casey and Stephan are playing with Stephan's new poker set (How on Earth did St. Nick know Stephan wanted the poker set in the silver case at Target?!?) and we're watching Up in front of a roaring fire!

0 comments: