2/20/2010

First haircut!

Today I took Norah to get her first haircut! I have trimmed a couple of tiny pieces here & there, but today was the real thing....

...I did not want to think about cutting off those curls. (This is her dancing on Super Bowl Sunday. Norah is in a naked phase!) What you can't see as well in the picture is how uneven it had become. It was definitely a mullet. She did NOT like the idea of a haircut & cried whenever I mentioned it. We chose a kids salon nearby hoping all of the distractions would keep her occupied. She literally cried all the way to the salon until she saw all of the toys!

This place is pretty wild & a little over the top. Norah did an excellent job though! When we walked in, she looked a little nervous when she saw a couple of boys crying their eyes out during their haircuts, but when it was her turn, she sat very still & chatted away to the stylist.

Can you hear me now?

No haircut is complete without a big dose of fairy dust.



And a sticker!
They had a special running for the first haircut which included a certificate, a picture they took, and locks of her hair. Along with a 50% discount!
She took quite a bit off the back, but it will grow out nice and even. She also layered it a little in the back to help the curls fall nicely.


I could not resist this Easter bow!


Then we picked up big brother and headed to Amy's chocolate shop near our house so they could each pick out a little treat from the case.

1 comments:

Megan said...

That is so cute! I am impressed with Norah's ability to say calm.

Earlier today I was looking through Kai photos and I was reminded how bad his first hair cut was..which was also at Just Kidding.