4/05/2010

Happy Easter!



We had a lovely & busy weekend with better weather than we ever could have imagined for the first weekend in April! On Friday, I was lucky enough to have a half day at work and returned home to SUMMER temperatures! I took to the street for a run and then Stephan had a friend sleep over. We all met Casey for a fish fry and enjoyed wearing short sleeves! On Saturday I ran 10 miles which is my longest run to date! I was particularly proud because it rained the entire time, but I kept pushing myself because if it's hot or rains on race day, I have to deal with the weather. The afternoon shaped up to be another gorgeous day. The kids and I went to Shorewood to open Easter baskets with Gramps and Jude & celebrate Jude's birthday. We ate at a new restaurant in the space of an old favorite around the block from our old house. On Saturday evening Stephan was an acolyte during the Easter Vigil at church. It was a beautiful service with a fire in the memorial garden, candles & bells. Stephan also discovered a loose tooth during the service! The next day, Stephan had acolyte duty again & allowed me to take ONE picture. (He was not in a camera mood all weekend...) We were sad to say goodbye to Father John, but look forward to meeting Rev. Debra next week. Mark & Liza stopped by with more Easter baskets and the kids searched for hidden eggs. (Norah also got to hunt for eggs at school last week!) Stephan quickly changed out of church clothes into shorts and built some kind of fort behind the shed in the yard.







0 comments: