I have not done a Norah update in a very long time. I cannot believe that in a little over a month our peanut will be three! Norah is just shy of 32 pounds and a hair over 37 inches tall. She wants to do everything by herself. And she will let you know that if you try to intervene. Getting dressed, climbing in her car seat, you name it...she wants to be independent! Norah sings all the time. When we drove to Door County last week, she sang to herself all the way there and back. Her new favorite activity is to ride on the John Deere with Casey. He bought her headphones to block out some of the noise and said she just sings the entire time. And when she is not singing, she is dressing up like a ballerina and making up little dances. She loves to dress up and be girlie with purses and lipstick, but more than anything, she wants to be outside, getting dirty and exploring. Norah is still very happy at school. She has the sweetest teachers and she reports back a lot about group time. I think I have said before that she gets very excited about "calendar time" (learning about the month, day of the week, the weather, etc.) and that is still true. She pretends to be a teacher at home and that is her favorite lesson to share. She can also spell a list of little works and read a few very basic ones. Norah gets a kick out of pretending to be a mom, a teacher or a mom who is also a teacher. She gets her purse, slips on one of our pairs of shoes, finds a coffee cup and pretends to be going to work. We have to play along and ask when she will be back to "pick us up," how her day was at work, etc. I decided to get her a charm bracelet for her birthday and every year I will pick a charm that reminds me of something she loves. After a lot of google searching, I actually found a charm of a little girl on a swing! That is her very, very favorite thing.
7/05/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment