Or should I say "Norah has been three....for two months!" I am a terrible blogger. I cannot even remember when I last blogged (even though I could easily look!) I am back and ready to post updates on our lives.Oh, Norah. She is such a dear. I can't even find the words. Singing, dancing, painting & swinging at the park remain her very favorite things to do. She also loves to make believe all sorts of things liked grocery store, library, day care drop off, and more. She comes up with all sorts of imaginary scenes on her own. And every profession seems to end in "er" like "librarier" and "marching bander." (It's so cute that I don't even want to correct her.)
Norah loves classical music and requests it regularly, especially songs with "lots of violins."
Norah has been on not one, but two field trips. Yellow school bus and all! Her class went to the apple farm and pumpkin patch. (See picture above.) She might have been more excited about the bus than anything else, but she was still proud to bring home a bag of apples, a tiny pear, a pumpkin, indian corn & more.
Norah can make the letter N (although it's messy) and O in attempt to write her name. Her favorite place to practice at home is on a big dry erase board. I can often hear her reminding herself how to do the N..."up, down, up."
Norah wants to be a vet, a zoo keeper and a marching band...er when she grows up. (And don't try to tell her that some zoo workers are vets...)
Norah talks regularly about becoming a big sister. Specifically, she would like twins and she is very firm about this. "Two babies, Mommy, I want you to have twins and that means two." I believe this is because her friend Annabelle is going to have twin babies at home soon. When we go to Costco from time to time, the carts have seats for two kids. She tells anyone and everyone in the store that her baby brother or sister will sit in the other seat. Then I get looks like "Oh? Are you, uh?" No, no I am not...
Norah is going to be a witch for Halloween. I can't wait to take her Trick or Treating this year! I think her shyness has finally worn off (for the most part). She briefly wanted to be a hippo and a pig instead of a witch. I should clarify that was to be a hippo AND a pig...at the same time. Not one or the other. Both. I had no idea how to accomplish this, but my wonderful hair stylist helped me get her excited about being a witch again. After all, it was her idea that she talked about for months, and we already had the hat. The new complication...she wants to ride a broom. "For REEEEAL, Mommy, I want to fly for real. Not pretend." Sigh.
(Stephan update and more pictures to come this weekend. Seriously!)




1 comments:
Adorable!
Post a Comment