12/20/2008

There is no doubt....

that winter is here! It has been quite a snowy start to winter. After I posted our fun in the snow pictures last weekend, we had a few more inches fall on the night of Stephan's Christmas concert (very cute--it was way too dark and crowded for pictures though!) which made for a mess of an evening. Yesterday we had 10.5 inches in our community that closed school and work. And we are supposed to get 4-7 inches tonight and through tomorrow. I think Mother Nature is trying her best to beat our near record snowfall of last year!



(frosted trees along our driveway)


The kids LOVE it! Stephan played outside all morning in a snow fort with friends next door. When they decided they were too wet to stay outside, he played with the neighbors on the other side. He is 100% soaked now. Norah played outside with Casey while I scrambled to get our Christmas cards out the door (watch your mail!) and went for a walk in her stroller. She cried and clung to him when I tried to bring her inside. She can't get enough of the snow!



(I told Stephan to walk around the side of the house to take off his wet clothes in the garage. I didn't realize that meant climbing over a nearly 6 foot tall pile left by the plow!)


The peanut and her Daddy-Man are having an afternoon snooze.

Christmas cards in the mail: check!
Hot cocoa on the stove: check!
Fireplace roaring: check!
Snuggling on the couch with the Little-Man watching a Christmas flick (Miracle on 34th Street, my favorite!): check!

It doesn't get any cozier than this!

0 comments: