3/02/2009

It's my potty & I'll cry if I want to....

This picture isn't winning me any photography awards (very dark hallway, I took this with my arm stretched out in front of us), but I had to record this moment. I am officially one of those moms who grabs a camera when their toddler melts down!

This weekend we bought Norah a potty chair. She has been very interested in the seats the older toddlers use at school & our big toilets at home. We did not know what to expect, but Norah immediately took to her little seat. When she thought he brother was going to touch it, the toddler in her yelled "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Every time we put her on the seat yesterday, she used it. We had our timing down right! And then came the evening...Norah wanted to do nothing but sit on her new seat in the bathroom. So we sang and we read, but eventually, I had to say enough. She cried and cried and cried. "Poddy on!"

She has a long way to go before she is potty trained, but I am thankful she is at least so interested! Perhaps it will be an easy process.

And now a few notes about Stephan....he mentioned this weekend that most of the pictures on my camera are of Norah. I reminded him that he does not let me take his picture. I hope this means more pictures of Stephan are to come.

He is still doing well in school. He is an excellent test taker and does very well (as in 98-100%!) on his language arts, social studies & science tests. Math is a little bit of a challenge, but he is trying SO hard. He has given up a few recesses to voluntarily get help from his teacher. There is a group of them who do that. How nice of their teacher to give up her break time! Gramps helps Stephan on their Wednesday afternoons together & he must explain it better than we do because Stephan prefers math with Gramps. Stephan also started a fun new class at our gym called Speed School. It teaches running techniques & agility. They do track exercises (sprints, running sideways, etc.) and core strengthening on a mat. It was a lot of fun to watch!

0 comments: