Don't laugh because I photograph Norah's art! I have done it a few times because I may not keep everything and want to remember some of her favorite crafts like gluing cotton balls and tissue paper sqaures. (Sometime during 3rd or 4th grade, I realized that I could not keep everything Stephan made.)
Norah came home with a little development report. They do these every six months or so. It's fun to read the list of things they keep track of from saying 3+ word sentences to unscrewing lids. Her teacher wrote that Norah talks a lot and loves to be outside, art projects, the sensory table & the sandbox. Even though she likes to eat the sand every now & again. Yes, we have a sand/dirt/dog food eater.
A few fun things about Norah:
Norah came home with a little development report. They do these every six months or so. It's fun to read the list of things they keep track of from saying 3+ word sentences to unscrewing lids. Her teacher wrote that Norah talks a lot and loves to be outside, art projects, the sensory table & the sandbox. Even though she likes to eat the sand every now & again. Yes, we have a sand/dirt/dog food eater.
A few fun things about Norah:
She has started to offer pretty specific details about her day without us asking about them. On the way home from school, she will tell me what she ate, who threw a ball, something she did on he playground that she should not have done (hey, she is honest) and so on.
Norah has started to say "I love you" quite often. We knew that she knew how to say it, but she has started to tell us more spontaneously. The other day at the store, I adjusted her head band and Norah said "Thank you, Mommy. I wuv-oo, Mommy."
It seems like a funny thing to record, but the other day Norah told us her body temperature for the first time. She told me she was hot and started taking off her sweatshirt. She has done it a few more times, and as insignificant as it sounds, it occurred to me that she had never done that.
Norah tells us she is sorry and hugs us even when she has no reason to apologize like when I stub my toe. Her teacher said she does it at school without any prompting. One day when they kids were quite loud and silly, Norah's teacher covered her ears and said "Ouch! That hurts my ears." Norah went over to her, put her hand on her shoulder and said "Sorry, Miss Liz."
I noticed she says a few things I say such as a long "Ummmmm...." when she thinks and "Ha, that's funny." She has started to say "Ha, that's funny" a lot & it makes me laugh.
I noticed she says a few things I say such as a long "Ummmmm...." when she thinks and "Ha, that's funny." She has started to say "Ha, that's funny" a lot & it makes me laugh.





0 comments:
Post a Comment