6/22/2009

Happy Daddy Day!

Happy Father's Day! Or "Daddy, Happy Daddy Day, Daddy!" as Norah says it and sings it to the tune of Happy Birthday. We love our Daddy Man! We had a lovely weekend of swimming, eating, walking along the main street of our community, eating, and yeah, more eating! After a nice meal with Gramps & Jude, we went to a favorite chocolate shop. I wrongly thought the easiest thing for Norah to eat would be a white chocolate covered pretzel rod with pink sprinkles. Why did I think she would hold it at the bottom where a tiny bit of the pretzel is left plain? She sure loved licking that melted chocolate off her hands! And Stephan got his favorite chocolate covered peanut clusters. Later I asked Stephan if I could take his picture and he rearranged himself for this....

I asked Norah to smile and got this.....


Smelling the "pennies"



Norah likes to help me with the potted flowers on our deck. She will tell you they need dirt, water and sun to grow.

She has started to say "Hi Becca" to me sometimes and for half a day called everyone she saw Casey. We both call her peanut & Casey calls her "Norah-bean." In return, we are frequently Daddy-bean and Mommy-bean. Or sometimes names like Daddy Honey-bean.

Stephan has been having a blast with the neighbors on both sides of our house...building forts, swimming & playing with light sabers. They walked down to another neighbor's house yesterday afternoon to see his collection of vintage cars. Stephan is a car lover & I am pretty sure he started to calculate how many hours of weeding it would take to earn enough money to buy a vintage convertible. As he always says "Hey, I dream big!"

0 comments: