10/17/2009

Norahisms

Love these piggies...Norah's teacher said she is very proud of her pigtails and always checks them out in the mirror when she is in the bathroom.
I have been a terrible blogger lately! As I sorted pictures, albums and mementos this weekend, I realized I was not doing a good job of documenting fun things about Norah since I pretty much let the blog take the place of a baby book. (Still hoping to turn this into a keepsake book with the right software...)

Norah is a busy little bee! Stephan loves to ask her (many times over) about her favorite things...

Favorite food: This changes regularly, but our favorite answer was "samples" (our grocery store always has yummy stuff to taste)
Favorite color: Well, she says pink, but she always gravitates to purple when offered choice between different colored items

For a number of weeks Norah has said she wants to be a doctor for Halloween and when she grows up. (Her doctor kit is daily fun!) The other day she said "I want to be a pumpkin when I'm a grown up mommy!" (She thinks all women are mommies...so to her a woman is a "grown up mommy.") I asked "You are going to be a pumpkin when you grow up?" to which she replied "Yes, I sure ARE!"

Other cute things she loves to say (sometimes in the right context & sometimes not) "Oh, I can't believe it!" "Can you do me a favor?" "I have something to tell you..." "Whoa, that was close!" and "Awwwww!" She has started to say "Awwww" all the time when something is cute or she likes it.

When she wakes up in the morning, she calls to us from her bed "Mommy! Daddy! Where are you? I'M TALKING TO YOU!" And Casey thinks she sounds like a southern girl because of the way she says things like "More hay-am please."

Norah is so loving and snuggly. At just the right moments, she will throw her arms around me and say "I love you!" or tilt her head, flash a little smile and just say "Awww, Mommy...."


The "say cheese face"
Stephan always laughs that Norah is such a girly girl because she loves purses, hair accessories and jewelry. She also loves to be outside, rough & tumble, and isn't afraid to get dirty. She may be wearing a dress and carrying a purse, but she won't think twice about rolling down the hill and trying to play football with her dad & brother.
Every now and then, but not too often, a bit of a sassy two year old emerges...her latest phrase in her sassy moods is "You are not older than ME!" I can only imagine this is something said among the kids at school. Age and birthday parties are very important trump cards to toddlers & preschoolers.
Norah is doing so well at school. She loves the new 2 year old class and the longer lesson times. Before the move to this room, Norah could count to 5 in Spanish, but she is up to 10 now and knows a few colors & words. Her teacher incorporates Spanish every day & the class sponsors a child in Latin America. They may not totally understand the concept, but I'm so pleased their teacher looks for ways to talk about other cultures. (Especially in our not-so-diverse community!) Norah can also recognize a lot of capital letters when she sees them in words. And I've been told Norah is a ham at school. Who could imagine that?!? :)


Norah walked around like this for a long time the other day. She found her swimsuit and slipped her arms through the straps with the suit hanging over her tummy. She would grab a bag, leave the room & say "Bye! I'm going swimming with Grandma." Then she would return and tell us all about swimming.


1 comments:

Megan said...

It is adorable that Norah checks her pig tails in the mirror!