All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
-Cecile Frances Alexander
Last weekend Casey and I ran in the Race for the Cure to raise money to fight breast cancer. We had many people to honor during the run like our friend Debbie pictured here with friend Barbara. Jude walked with Debbie along the 5k route & Shelly also ran with her friend Sara. We, of course, thought a lot of our Erika. I hope it was good prep for me to go a little longer and run the 8k Al's Run for Children's Hospital.
This weekend Stephan had another great soccer game. His team is off to a great start!
Casey and I tackled a lot of house projects together like painting the downstairs bathroom. It's a brown color with a hint of rust. I love the way it turned out. It's fairly dark for the small space, but it's a very warm & cozy hue. We worked hard and made a few other paiting plans.
This morning at church, family pets were blessed, along with animals on the grounds surrounding the church, as part of the Feast of St. Francis. Apparently, it's failry controversal in some churches to bless the animals. We feel lucky to belong to a church that welcomes everyone...even the furry or feathered.
I LOVED these Irish Setters! They are show dogs & one of them placed 2nd at the national dog show this year.
Our rector talked about the earth and climate change during his sermon as it relates to St. Francis and his love of nature and animals. It tied in well with an event Stephan and I went to for my office where nature enthusists worked to reintroduce sturgeon to the local river. Stephan got to hold a few of the fishy fellows before they were placed back into their rightful habitat.
"In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things innumerable there, living things both small and great."
-Psalm 104: 10-25




0 comments:
Post a Comment